Kidnappers who abducted seven orphans and a guard at the Rachel’s Orphanage Home in Naharati, Abaji Area council, Abuja, have demanded N30 million ransom to release their victims.
Daily Trust had reported that gunmen suspected to be kidnappers had on Saturday, at about 1:am invaded Rachael’s Orphanage Home opposite UBE Junior Secondary School school in Naharati, Abaji Area Council and abducted seven orphans, including a security guard of the home alongside three others.
Our reporter reliably gathered that the abductors of the orphans were demanding N10 million for the seven orphans including the security guard of the home
Daily Trust learnt that the kidnappers had also aksed for N10 million for each of the couple, Momoh Jimoh and his wife, Khadijat Jimoh who were abducted alongside another housewife, Rukaiyyat Salihu.
A source at the orphanage home, who preferred anonymity, told our reporter on Monday that the Kidnappers made a phone call on Sunday and Monday, in which they demanded N10 million for the seven orphans and the security guard before they could be set free.
“Actually, they even called this afternoon and they are demanding N10 million before they will release the seven orphans and our security guard, in which we asked them if they know that the children they kidnapped are orphans,” he said.
- Orphanage says it has no money
He said the management had told the Kidnappers that they have no such money, saying even the feeding and clothing of the orphans are through the support of some corporate organizations and some Non Governmental Organizations (NGO).
He added” they even threatened to waste the children if we fail to raise the N10 million ransom, but we still let them know that those children have no mother or father,”.
He said the management had not reached any agreement with the kidnappers, even as he said security agents had been informed about the incident.
He further disclosed that the remaining orphans at the orphanage home had been evacuated back to Abuja based on security advice.
A relative of the kidnapped victim, also disclosed that the kidnappers are demanding N10 million before the couple would be set free.
“They didn’t even allow me to talk, as they insisted that the family should go and look for N10 million before the man and his wife will be set free,” he said.
The spokesperson of the FCT police command, ASP Maryam Yusuf, who asked our reporter to send her message, was yet to reply back to confirm the ransom claims of both the orphanage home management and relatives of the three other Kidnapped victims.