
AFOLABI
My $150m bribery allegation against Nigerian lawmakers true - Binance’s Gambaryan insists
Binance’s Head of Financial Crime Compliance, Tigran Gambaryan, has insisted that his allegations that three Nigerian lawmakers asked for $150 million bribe to prevent his arrest and prosecution in Nigeria for alleged financial crimes were true.
Gambaryan made the allegations on his X handle on Friday, naming Ginger Onwusibe, Philip Agbese and Peter Akpanke as the lawmakers.
He claimed the legislators asked him to wire the funds to their cryptocurrency wallets.
As of the time of this report, Onwusibe and Agbese had denied the allegation, threatening to seek redress in court.
In a post on X on Saturday, the Binance executive said: “Many requested that I stay on and provide further commentary on the issues I posted about yesterday. Here’s the hard truth: what I shared was meant to fill in the gaps left by Wired and NPR’s reporting.
“The reality is that last year was incredibly painful for me and my family. I dedicated my life to fighting crime as a Special Agent with the United States Department of the Treasury and as a compliance profession. It was an honor to serve my country and it was a blessing that they came to my rescue and mobilized the full force of the U.S. government when I was in need.”
Gambaryan recalled the pain his family went through during his incarceration.
“Being dragged through court on outrageous, baseless, and trumped-up charges didn’t just hurt me—it also brought immense pain to my family,” he wrote.
“I don’t want to see my kids cry because I’m not around. I don’t want to see videos of my 75-year-old mother on television in tears. I don’t want to see my wife crying on TV. I want to put this nightmare behind me and move on.
“What I shared was factual, based on my personal experiences and conversations with those who have direct knowledge of the events I discussed. Information that was shared with both Nigerian and U.S law enforcement. So please, allow me to leave this behind and find peace.
“I am no longer in law enforcement. The responsibility of seeing this through to a logical conclusion now falls on those still serving in United States and Nigeria.”
Flood: Again, Seyi Tinubu donates relief items worth N100m to Borno students
Flagging off the distribution of thousands of bags of rice, salt, cartons of Spaghetti, marghi, sets of wrappers, blankets among, and vegetable oil among others, Seyi said, the gesture is to cushion the hardship faced by students in the affected schools, including University of Maiduguri, College of Agriculture, College of Nursing, College of Health and Federal College of Fisheries, Baga.
Represented by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Students and Engagement, Hon. Sunday Adebayo Asefon on Saturday at College of Agriculture Maiduguri said, the idea was muted last year in the peak of the crisis when Seyi paid sympathy visit to Borno State Government and donated materials worth N500 million, after which leaders of Students Union Government (SUG) accosted Seyi at the airport seeking for extensional support to students affected by the disaster.
He explained that “Seyi been a committed leader for Youth Empowerment, and keying into the Renewed Hope Agenda of the present administration irrespective of tribe, religion or political considerations, collaborated with his friends and provide additional relief items to the affected students which were distributed today”.
He commended all the SUG leaders, the Committee Chairman and his team, as well as the security agencies, especially the Nigeria Police for their unwavering support which led to the smooth and successful conduct of the exercise.
Seyi further revealed that his door are always open to Nigerian youths in giving them hope, as they are the future leaders of tomorrow.
He enjoined the Chairman of the Committee and his team as well as SUG representatives to do justice and transparently distributed the relief items to the real beneficiaries, even as he prayed God to forestall future occurence of any natural or man- made disasters in the country.
In their goodwill messages, the President of National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) Comrade Lucky Emonefe, Senate President of Students Affairs, Comrade Babatunde Akintaye and the Chairman of the Committee for distribution of the items, Comrade Mallam Sadiq praised President Tinubu for approving billions of naira as scholalrship loan to Nigerian students, in which Borno students alone who applied for the scheme have received over a billion as scholalrship intervention.
They also bailed Setup Tinubu and his friends for coming to the aid of students affected by the flood in the state, even as they enjoined the benefitting students to utilise the items for their own good, and continue to pray for peace and development in the country
Group drags Lagos govt to UN, ECOWAS over alleged demolition of Igbo properties
The Association of Igbo Town Unions, ASITU, on Saturday, said it has written a petition to the United Nation, UN, and the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, against the Lagos state government over the alleged demolition of properties belonging to Igbo people in Ebute Ero Market in Lagos.
The ASITU’s National President, Chief Emeka Diwe, spoke to newsmen in Owerri, while reacting to reports of the destruction of the properties.
According to the ASITU’s statement, “The Association of Igbo Town Unions (ASITU) condemns in the strongest possible terms the ongoing, systematic demolition of lawfully acquired properties belonging to Igbo people in Lagos State. The demolition of trading plazas belonging to Igbo businessmen at Ebute Ero Market in Lagos on Friday, February 14, 2025 by agents of the Lagos State Government amounts to a calculated expropriation of our people from their legitimate businesses. It represents an assault on justice, equality, and the fundamental principles of property rights.”
ASITU said they were angry because “Despite repeated appeals for fairness and adherence to the rule of law, the Lagos State Government has continued its brazen campaign of selective demolition, disproportionately targeting Igbo-owned properties under various pretexts. It must be noted that the these buildings and businesses complexes being demolished were never illegally built. They all came into being through the authorization of this same government masterminding their destruction today.
“This anti-Igbo brigandage in Lagos is totally unacceptable and cannot be tolerated anymore, because it is reminiscent of the litany of injustices which our people have had to historically endure in Nigeria.”
It was part of their resolve that; “Given the failure of domestic institutions in Nigeria to address these grievances and rein in on the ravages levied against our hardworking patriots in Lagos, ASITU has formally petitioned the following international bodies to intervene and hold the Lagos State Government accountable for these atrocious acts:
“The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) – To investigate Lagos State’s actions as a violation of fundamental human rights, including the right to property, non-discrimination, and freedom from targeted dispossession.
“The African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR) – To bring Nigeria to account under the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights, which guarantees the protection of property rights for all citizens without bias.
“The ECOWAS Court of Justice – To seek legal redress for affected individuals whose rights have been violated in contravention of regional human rights standards. Also, the Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch – To document these abuses and amplify the plight of the Igbo people facing targeted property destruction.”
He continued by saying: “This is not just a legal battle—it is a fight for justice, dignity, and equal citizenship in a country that belongs to all Nigerians. We demand an immediate end to these discriminatory actions and full accountability from those responsible.
“ASITU, in view of the foregoing, reiterates its call on Ndigbo in the diaspora to embrace the Aku Ruo Ulo investment initiative, which aims at the gradual, seamless and steady repatriation of a portion of their investments to Igboland, so as to unleash the potential of our land and make it the oasis of prosperity in Nigeria.”
HIV positive people protest against USAID closure
Mike Elvis Tusubira, a Ugandan taxi driver, has been living with HIV since 2022, when he tested positive.
For him, the United States Agency for International Development, USAID, has been a boon to the 1.4 million people living with HIV in Uganda. He said that over the next three months, “it will be a matter of life and death”.
“The suspension of all USAID activities has affected me deeply. I don’t know what to do next. What will happen to me?” he said.
“My doctor told me he left the hospital I was going to. What will happen to my child and my partner?”
I’m worried about my future. And there’s no future in reality. Because there are no shelters, no medicine, no condoms, nothing.”
A test showed Mike’s wife was HIV-negative – and she was taking a medication that reduced the risk of contracting the virus.
Since the USAID project was suspended, he and his partner have not been able to access the same medical care they used to. The uncertainty has caused their relationship to start to suffer.
Uganda is among the top ten countries in Africa to receive USAID funding. According to U.S. government data, the country received $295 million in health assistance from the agency in fiscal year 2023—third behind Tanzania, which received $337 million, and Nigeria, which received $368 million.
The health sector in Uganda is highly dependent on aid provided to the country.
USAID supports the country’s health programs, including HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, and leprosy. It also supports women’s and children’s health programs and emergency health assistance.
Uganda receives 70 percent of its HIV treatment from foreign aid. BBC
Jay-Z, Diddy’s accuser drops sexual assault lawsuit
A woman who accused hip-hop stars Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jay-Z of sexually assaulting her when she was 13 dropped her civil lawsuit on Friday, court records showed.
Jay-Z — real name Shawn Carter — was accused in December of raping the girl with Combs at a party following the MTV Video Music Awards in September of 2000.
The document filed with the US District Court for the Southern District of New York claims the accuser “hereby gives notice that the above-captioned action is voluntarily dismissed, with prejudice” — meaning the suit cannot be refiled.
It was not immediately clear if the stars had reached a settlement with the woman, who has not been identified.
But 55-year-old billionaire Jay-Z welcomed the closure of the case, which he slammed as “frivolous, fictitious and appalling.”
“This civil suit was without merit and never going anywhere. The fictional tale they created was laughable, if not for the seriousness of the claims,” he said in a statement.
“I would not wish this experience on anyone. The trauma that my wife, my children, loved ones and I have endured can never be dismissed.”
The complaint said Combs and Carter — who is married to pop superstar Beyonce — took turns assaulting the plaintiff as another celebrity stood by and watched.
“Many others were present at the after party, but did nothing to stop the assault,” it went on.
“Carter has been with Combs during many such instances described herein. Both perpetrators must face justice.”
Combs, also 55, has separately been charged with sex trafficking and racketeering.
“Federal prosecutors allege that he sexually abused women and coerced them into drug-fueled sex parties using threats and violence.
He has denied all charges, and his criminal trial is currently slated to begin on May 5.
Nollywood Actress Biodun Okeowo Shares Her Reason for Leaving the Film Industry
Nigerian actress, Biodun Okeowo has opened up about why she stepped away from acting.
She revealed that her decision was due to the unfair treatment she received from some film marketers.
According to Biodun Okeowo, these marketers made unreasonable demands and tried to damage her career.
She shared specific instances of how they affected her work, including being excluded from projects and removed from movie posters.
Biodun Okeowo stated that as a result of these experiences, she lost her passion for acting and began to turn down roles. Eventually, she made the difficult decision to leave the industry.
“Marketers were the reason I left the movie industry after blacklisting me for refusing to remove my panties. They even told producers to stop featuring me in movies and went as far as removing my head from the poster of a film where I played the lead role.
“How many of their wicked actions should I even talk about? They did so much damage to my career that I eventually got tired of acting and walked away by myself. I developed so much hatred for a job I once had so much passion for that I began to turn jobs down,” she revealed.
Ritualist murders, dismembers female final-year student in Kwara
One Yetunde Lawal, a female final-year student of the Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin, has been grisly murdered.
The father of the deceased, Ibrahim Lawal, was said to have reported her missing on Tuesday at the Oja-Oba Police Division in Ilorin.
She was last seen at a naming ceremony on Monday, 10 February 2025, where she allegedly received a phone call from a friend and left the event.
The son of a prominent Muslim cleric in the Isalekoto community has been fingered as the prime suspect in her murder.
He has since been arrested by the police command headquarters in Ilorin in connection with the alleged murder of the late student.
The police was said to have traced the deceased last call to the residence of the suspect in the Offa Garage area of Ilorin metropolis.
According to the DAILY POST: “The police requested her phone number and used it to track her last call. The call was traced to an individual living in the Offa Garage area of Ilorin metropolis, although his family home is in Isalekoto.
“The suspect was arrested but initially denied any knowledge of the lady’s whereabouts. However, when the police searched his house, he confessed that the lady had visited him and had died from an asthma attack after he invited her over.
“Upon further investigation, the police discovered the lady’s body, dismembered and hidden in a bowl, along with the tools used to dismember her.
“According to the suspect, they met on Facebook, where he obtained her phone number. He then called her and invited her to his house.
“Disturbingly, evidence found in the suspect’s residence suggests this may not be his first offence. A table in his room appeared to be equipped with tools used for dismembering bodies.”
The case is currently under investigation at the Kwara State Police Command headquarters.
Reacting to the incident, the spokesperson for the Kwara State Police Command, SP Adetoun Ejire-Adeyemi, confirmed: “The command is aware of the gruesome killing of one Miss Yetunde H. Lawal.
“On 11/02/2025, at about 18:00 hours, a case of a missing person was reported at C Division, Oja-Oba, by her father, Mr Ibrahim A. Lawal.
“Immediately, police detectives swung into action, tracked her number, and arrested a suspect. The case was transferred yesterday to the SCID for a thorough investigation. Further updates will be communicated as the investigation progresses.”
VIDEO; Omotola Jalade shares Valentine’s Day photos, opens up on insecurity over tummy scar acquired during emergency surgery
Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has showed her vulnerable side in a recent post she sgared on her photo and video sharing platform, Instagram.
Dwelling on the emergency surgery she underwent in 2024, the movie star affectionately known as Omosexy opened up on how her stomach used to be one of the best parts of her body and how much she loved it.
In a Valentine’s Day photo session, Omotola Jalade shared a beautiful video of herself with her top raised, exposing a bit of her tummy.
Moments later, she pulled her outfit down and shared how a moment of insecurity almost got to her but she shrugged it off and expressed gratitude for being alive.
The mother of four recalled having lan emergency surgery late last year, that left a scar on her tummy.
Omotola wrote about physical and emotional scars, stating that she remains unshaken by her scars because she has many things to be thankful for. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde wrote:
“Loving Yourself first is the greatest Val gift. Late Last year I had an Emergency Surgery… One of my Best parts of my body is my Tummy … Oh well … Not so perfect now…
During this shoot I forgot and grabbed my top during my pose and I heard a little voice say … there’s nothing to show anymore…
Not me ! That thing that’ll shake my Confidence has Not been created . I smiled and danced. I’m Alive … it’s just scars.
Some people’s Scars are Physical and Some are Emotional … but today , smile, dance and be proud Beautiful, You’re still here and you look darn good too !
What if I’m not perfect . Would you still Love me?”
Amid missing allegations, 2Baba spotted shopping with new lover Natasha
Famous Nigerian singer, Innocent Idibia, popularly known as 2Baba, has been spotted shopping for hair with his new lover, Natasha, despite concerns raised by his family over his whereabouts.
A viral video making rounds on social media captured the singer and Natasha at a hair store, casually picking out items together.
This sighting comes amid allegations from 2Baba’s family, who recently petitioned the Department of State Services (DSS), claiming that he had gone missing.
It would be recalled that the singer’s mother had earlier expressed her disapproval of his current relationship, especially as his divorce from his estranged wife, Annie Idibia, is yet to be finalized.
The video of 2Baba and Natasha has sparked a wave of reactions on social media, with fans and critics weighing in on the unfolding situation.
While some expressed relief that the singer was safe, others questioned the ongoing family drama.
BBNaija’s Neo fuels breakup rumours with cozy photo with mystery woman
Former Big Brother Naija contestant Neo Mobor Akpofure has confirmed rumors of his split from costar and 43rd Miss Nigeria, Beauty Etsanyi Tukura with a Valentine’s Day post that has raised eyebrows.
The reality TV star shared photos of himself with a mystery woman, who is not Beauty, on February 14th.
The pictures show Neo dressed in a sleek black tuxedo, posing alongside the unidentified lady, who stunned in a bold red sheer lace dress.
The woman’s outfit featured a high slit, flowing train, and red high-heeled sandals, making for a striking Valentine’s Day look.

Neo’s decision to share photos with someone other than Beauty on Valentine’s Day has sparked intense speculation about the status of their relationship.
Fans and followers are now fully convinced that the couple have indeed gone their separate ways, since Beauty has also publicly confirmed the split.
In December 2024, Beauty Tukura officially confirmed her breakup from fellow reality star Neo Akpofure.
The disclosure was amid swirling rumours of their breakup after both stars unfollowed each other on Instagram.
Speaking during a red carpet interview, Beauty addressed her relationship status, offering clarity on the speculations. When asked directly if she was in a relationship, she described her current status as “complicated” and revealed that she is not seeing anyone at the moment.
“I’m not seeing anybody. I love a God-fearing man who can make me feel secure, encourage me, and support me to fly,” she stated, stressing her values of faith, security, and mutual support in a relationship.