President Buhari has removed Maikanti Baru as the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC and has approved the appointment of Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari as the new GMD of the oil corporation.
This was disclosed in a statement released by NNPC’s Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Ndu Ughamadu, this morning Thursday June 20th.
President Buhari has has also appointed alongside Kyari, seven new Chief Operating Officers.
Until his new appointment, Kyari, a geologist, was Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division of NNPC and also doubled, since 13th May, 2018, as Nigeria’s National Representative to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC.
President Buhari directed that the New GMD and the newly appointed COOs work with the current occupiers of the various offices till 7th July, 2019 towards a smooth transition on 8th July 2019 when their appointments would take effect.
1. Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (S/South) – COO Upstream
2. Engr. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (N/ Central) – COO Refining & Petrochemicals
3. Engr. Yusuf Usman (N/East) - COO, Gas & Power
4. Ms. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (S/East), COO Ventures, 6b.
5. Mr. Umar Isa Ajiya (N/West) - Chief Financial Officer
6. Engr. Adeyemi Adetunji (S/West) - COO, Downstream and
7. Mr. Farouk Garba Said (N/West) - COO, Corporate Services