The Lagos state government has confirmed a third case of coronavirus in the state.
Akin Abayomi, the state’s commissioner of health, disclosed this at a press conference, on Tuesday.
This development comes days after the state government confirmed that the second case was now free of the virus.
- This is a new case independent of the index case, a 30-year-old Nigerian, female. Returned from the UK on 13th March. She Observed self-Isolation and developed symptoms. She tested Tested positive for coronavirus and now at Mainland GH receiving care.
Breaking!— LSMOH (@LSMOH) March 17, 2020
Third case of #COVID19NIGERIA confirmed in Lagos.
- This is a new case independent of the index case
- 30 year old Nigerian, female
- Returned from the UK on 13th March
- Observed self-Isolation, developed symptoms
- Tested positive
- Now at Mainland GH receiving care pic.twitter.com/f8osZk4Ba4