- TRENDING NEWS
- JOB SEARCH
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Site Engineer
Job ID: 604
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Functional Area: Engineering
- Reporting directly to the Regional Director of Engineering in Global Product Supply, this position provides Global Engineering with a site based engineering leader who is responsible for providing enduring technical excellence across a number of operational functions for SC Johnson.
- The incumbent will have a leadership role with technical contributions for local initiatives.
- This position requires strong personal initiative to identify opportunities and implementing Best Practice across the SC Johnson’s manufacturing site.
- Responsible for safety and the adherence to policies and regulations to ensure that all engineering tasks are performed in a safe manner.
- Provides feasible process, controls and packaging solutions, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with regional Engineering, Technical Platform Experts, machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facility, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facility expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations.
- Investigates, drives, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, DTV, OEE Improvements and LEAN to existing processes and support systems in the region.
- Oversees the project design & implementation of team members. Directs department activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Sets direction for Capital Investment for future replacement, new lines or factory development projects. Prepares detailed capital budget forecasts for the site and works directly with the regional Capital & Asset Management Leader for roll-up into full S.C. Johnson’s Capital Expenditure Plan.
- Leads local engineering standardization for Global Engineering as related to projects and processes in order to provide common tools for estimating, project documentation, and equipment evaluation to improve speed to market on new products.
- Work with regional Engineering and key equipment suppliers to improve the flexibility of all processes to meet evolving needs.
- Confers with management, production, and/ other cross function departmental staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree and strong engineering experience (project/process/site/facilities) and project management at a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and operate efficiently under continuous change while delivering technical requirements
- Experience supporting senior management and ability to work across Countries/Regions and confidently work with Senior Stakeholders
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management experience – fluency in English is a must.
- Experience managing engineering or technical professionals and experience in the CPG, Food/Beverage, or Pharmaceutical industries would be assets, but are not absolute requirements.
- Experience of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) approach to equipment maintenance, particularly Early Equipment