- TRENDING NEWS
- JOB SEARCH
Clement Ashley Consulting - Our client, an Investor who wants to start a chain of Supermarkets in one territory and expand nationally, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head, Information Technology and Business Intelligence
Ref No : ITM 2017
Job Location: Lagos
- To ensure responsiveness of Information Systems and technology to corporate objectives with a view to enhancing the organisations performance and maximising its competitive advantage.
- Oversee the activities of the department to ensure that its operations adequately meet the company's information processing requirements.
- Oversee back office operations of all the company's retail outlets develop strategies to centralize and automate all back office operations in head office with a view to free outlets of such work.
- Provide Information Systems Security Management by ensuring all policies, procedures and strategies are followed and implemented according to information security guidelines.
- Review and recommend policies for automation of work procedures and delivery channels for the company's products and services with a view to enhancing quality and efficient customer service, with security in mind.
- Drive IT Governance, Risk and Business Continuity Management. Explain the relationship between the performance, risk and costs of running IT services. Manage business continuity plans as well as disaster recovery plans.
- Initiate service contacts and monitor the activities of computer vendors and service contractors.
- Develop operational goals, objectives and policies for the department and ensure that the unit functions properly to enhance the systematic achievement of set goals.
- Manage software development efforts as well as oversee the planning, acquisition and installation of IT equipment.
- Manage stakeholders and influencers, negotiate and influence senior decision makers to agree IT service levels and budgets which fulfill business requirements with the optimum mix of risk, cost and performance quality.
- Plan and design general scope and level of systems efforts required to adequately satisfy the organisations information processing needs.
- Undertake all systems development efforts including all web-based initiatives.
- Update the website weekly or more often as required.
- Design systems quality assurance policy and review any legal security or audit considerations of the systems.
- Oversee the effective maintenance and security of the equipment, physical assets and software assets in the department ensuring at least 95% up-time.
- Co-ordinate the identification and effective implementation of training requirements and plans for other system users.
- Monitor and evaluate own performance using self-audit proof charts.
- Utilise self-development initiatives to improve own performance and stay abreast of IT developments.
- Prepare Daily, Weekly and Monthly self-audit proof charts
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and/or Head Finance.
- Clear all items requested in the IT log book daily and weekly.
- Use IT (MS Projects or other application) to develop project plans for all IT and systems development projects and ensure that start dates, deadlines, targets, milestones and progress are communicated to the Head of Finance, CEO and all staff and stakeholders as and when due using IT (e.g. MS Outlook or other reminder system).
- Develop and maintain with version control, key policy and procedure documents and on-line indexing of all documents and procedures.
- Prepare, and on approval, monitor the implementation of the budget for the department.
- Initiate, Implement and/or Execute, Monitor and Manage all E-Based initiatives.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or other Science or Engineering field. A relevant post graduate degree will be an advantage.
- Professional training or possession of IT certification in any of the required knowledge or skill areas will be an advantage, (e.g. Networking, IS Security, Service Management, Software Development, Systems Design, Programming, Web Design, Data Mining etc)
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information Systems management, preferably in the retail services industry with high transactional volumes.
- Experience using ERP solutions such as, MS Dynamics, SAP and Oracle is a requirement.
- Not more than 40 years of age.
- Excellent spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
Skills & Attributes:
- Proficiency in strategic business thinking, knowledge and appreciation of current developments in Information Technology,
- Good managerial, leadership and administrative abilities,
- Project Management skills and expertise using MS Project,
- Database management software SOL server, MS Access,
- Networking and Computer Communications,
- Office Automation Software: Word processors, Spreadsheets, etc, Web design and development skills, Interpersonal Skills with a diplomatic approach approachable, enthusiastic and motivational nature, punctual.
- Entrepreneurial skills and abilities,
- Strong customer service delivery orientation with a keen focus on the internal customer's wants and needs,
- Strong manpower development abilities,
- Energy, drive and initiative,
- Team spirit,
- Knowledge and experience using ERP solutions such as SAP, Oracle, and preferably MS Dynamics ,
- Operating Systems skills (Windows, Unix, Network, NT, etc.),
- Office Automation and Application Packages (word processing, spread sheet, etc.),
- Software development skills (analysis/design, programming etc.),
- Operating systems: DOS, Windows, Unix,
Excellent Salary and Remuneration package between 2.4 million to 4.2 million NGN per annum.
15th December, 2017.
Note: Please call 08080642478 after completing the above if you do not receive an immediate auto-response with further instructions.