- TRENDING NEWS
- JOB SEARCH
Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Team Lead - Trucking
Job Location: Nigeria
- As Team Leader for Trucking, you will be able to bring your experience to the team and work in a pleasant work environment.
- Timely dispatch of TDOs/ATL and Loading of cargo from all ports and Warehouse
- To ensure the coordination of prompt dispatch of TDOs with all required documents for loading containers from seaport and airport.
- Ensure trucks having difficulties in dropping empty containers are escalated on-time to Head of Operations.
- To ensure prompt deployment of procured trucks for loading at port and warehouse.
- To ensure smooth coordination for all deliveries from seaport, airport, warehouse, customers factory and cross border shipments.
- Timely return of empty containers
- To ensure empty containers are returned swiftly after offloading at clients’ warehouse.
- Daily reporting on empty container status.
- To ensure that delivery takes place within 48 hours after TDO received. Ensure cargo is delivered timely, safely and in right quantity.
- You are to ensure that the right truck is deployed for cargo delivery at all times.
Prompt Return on EIR:
- You are to ensure all EIR and waybills are returned within a stipulated time as agreed with management.
Cost Reduction and Management:
- Ensure daily tracking of all shipments and report on status of trucks location.
- Ensure trucking rates maintain or stays low as possible whilst ensuring reliability and quality trucks.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are retrieved from truckers after cargo delivery so as to fast track the invoicing process which in turn will impact working capital cycle.
- Build internal and external relationships to ensure smooth operational process
- Ensure TrakIT is up to-date and accurate.
- Follow up with the gate team on terminal operation issues.
- Daily update of TrakIT.
- Weekly operations trucking report.
- A good first degree from a reputable higher institution.
- Knowledge of trucking documentation requirements in import and export.
- Knowledge of reliable truckers in Nigeria.
- Minimum of two years post qualification job experience in relevant field.
- Proactive and able to respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Customs and Ports working patterns and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- High level of energy.
- Result oriented.
- Analytical and strategic management skills.
- You will be a member of Damco Nigeria Management team, reporting to the Head of Operations.
- You will be given the opportunity to express your ideas and mentored to understand the Company processes and build a strong career.